Four things you should do to effectively communicate with internal audiences:
• One message. One set of messages, cascaded from the inside out, ensures consistency with what you’re saying externally and doing internally.
• Routine. Setting a cadence for updates instills trust and confidence in your leadership and organization.
• Transparency. Being real, compassionate and speaking without jargon, shows consideration for how your messages will be received.
• Feedback. Creating a mechanism to ensure you’re receiving feedback allows internal audiences to feel heard and be less likely to share their thoughts externally. These strategies will serve your organization well through COVID-19 and beyond.
– KayAnn P. Schoeneman, SVP & Director of Corporate & Public Affairs, Curley Company