Each year we strive to enhance our communication – for our clients and our mission. Here are five resolutions we’ve committed to that can also help associations amplify their messages:
1. Be authentic. Know who you are, and stick to your voice.
2. Be brief. We’re suffering from information overload. Smart brevity is a breath of fresh air.
3. Be timely. Hone messages and approval processes. Be proactive with opportunities.
4. Be current. Build relatable narratives, and consider links, emojis, memes and GIFs. Aim for engagement and clever content.
5. Be flexible. If a message isn’t working, change it. Listen to your members, and utilize feedback.
– Greg Wilson, Senior Vice President, Curley Company