Social media is a beehive of cultural consciousness. It’s a perfect opportunity to engage with audiences. But beware, an inauthentic voice is spotted quickly. Here are some tips for finding your true digital voice:
• Be true to yourself. Be conversational, just like you are in person.
• Know what NOT to post. Balance being genuine and oversharing by making a do’s and don’ts list.
• Don’t have one-way conversations. Social media is about engagement, and replying and retweeting are essential.
• Use video and photos. It doesn’t have to be highly produced, but imagery will capture your voice in a way text cannot.
– KayAnn P. Schoeneman, SVP & Director of Corporate & Public Affairs, Curley Company